Instructions for the TV in the Johnson Room
Instructions for Casting to Johnson Room TV for laptops, tablets & phones with Google Chrome
- You must have the latest version of the Chrome browser on your device to use the Google Chromecast.
- Your laptop must be connected to the “UUCPKitchenGuest” Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on the TV with the TV remote that is fastened on the back left of the TV with Velcro brand hook & loop material.
- Once the TV is on, it should display a nature-type photo on the screen.
- Once your laptop is up and running, open your Chrome Web Browser.
- In the upper right corner of the browser are 3 vertical dots, click on those dots and a menu will come up and you will click on cast.
- A small window will pop up and you will see “Cast To” with a triangle.
- Click on that triangle and choose to “Cast Desktop” to the Johnson Room.
- Within a few seconds your screen will show up on the big TV and anything you pull up on your screen will be broadcast to the screen.
- Sound will be also cast if you are using a Windows laptop. If you have an Apple device, the screen will be cast but sound might not work.
Please remember that you MUST be connected to the “UUCPKitchenGuest” Wi-Fi for this to work.
Please make sure that you turn off the TV when you are finished and return the remote to its original and safe location with the Velcro brand hook & loop material on the back left side.
Please DO NOT unplug anything by the TV.